Thursday, July 21, 2005

taking time off and out, even if stolen...

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

The new camera is here (arrived Wednesday- Beach Camera rocks!!), but I still haven't had a chance to play with it. However, everything that absolutely without fail needed to be done before Saturday morning is finished, except for one item.

Tomorrow I am mostly taking the day off, with what I hope to be only a quick stop by work to turn in my time for the past two weeks (and maybe to pick up art and craft supplies for my newest Tuesday client). There are a dozen other urgent things to do for work, studying for a midterm exam (next Thursday), class reading, fall term class choices, jury duty registration, never finished household chores and the list goes on and on... but I need to breathe.

Saturday it is back to work (my routine for the next several weeks), so on Friday I will be pretending I don't see work emails, am not answering the phone, and will not be thinking about studying. With any luck - even if the weather is still the horrible humid, ninety plus degrees, there might be a picture or two for a post... and at the very least, a more relaxed me by evening.

~~~~~~~
To the folks in the U.K. - you are in my thoughts...



No comments: