Friday, July 15, 2005

replacement Friday post

"The obscure we see eventually. The completely apparent takes a little longer." ~Edward R. Morrow

I woke up last night with helicopters flying overhead, and some may have seen the post I created then and took down this morning. I was seeking humorous quotations about helicopters, and there were a few, but not deserving of a post. My judgment in the wee hours of the morning after I have slept some, wakened and am still under the influence of the mild prescription sleeping aid I use, is questionable.

I am human with all the foibles, quirks and variability in rationality that implies.

Someone said in comments, that I "should be a lovely person if your posts are from your heart and soul."

I don't know that I am a "lovely person". I have ups and downs and days where my first thoughts are not always the ones I would want the world to see. But on those days, my second and third thoughts are most often the ones I use to interact with the world. Those are the ones that come from a kinder, more thoughtful me- and usually a slightly less self-centric point of view.

The posts come from the me of the moment, if not always from the heart. I see no point to posturing at this stage of my life, feeling as if it serves zero purpose and is a waste of my time. Besides, "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." (Mark Twain).

I might add that I don't feel as if I am a fixed entity and neither is this blog- rather a work in progress, always.

No comments: