Saturday, October 16, 2004

More gems of the day

This post at Hoarded Ordinaries made me smile. There are gems scattered throughout. Snipping out two, but you ought to read them in context: "Whatever you do, sweetheart, don't slap your expectations on my body." and "Like Walt Whitman, the Universe is large and contains multitudes. Both the Universe and my apartment are filled with the Unexpected."

From Dating God:
"Shut the door, change the record, clean the house, shake off the dust." " Stop being who you were, and change into who you are. "

I plan to update this post later or add another post to the day because there were other good reads, but I am late for a gathering that I must attend (an hour late already- what's "fashionable" these days???).

I am probably dragging my feet because I ought to be writing a paper and I ought to be doing chores around the house and I ought to be doing a hundred different things.. but I would rather be reading, thinking, drifting... plus it is a gray day here and my bones hurt. Part social/ mostly work/networking type gatherings are not a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e in my list of things I like to do. There will be quite a few people attending that I enjoy talking with, but it just isn't my kind of gig.

No comments: