Monday, November 07, 2005

storms of indecision

"All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last." ~Marcel Proust

storm clouds sunset afterglow I was taking a break, looked out the window Sunday evening and saw the clouds glowing with the end of the sunset light.
These look a bit like wings...

I could be finished with my master of science degree in counseling, rehabilitation option, by the end of spring (4 classes [16 units] plus some final internship hours [5 units] and the comprehensive exam), in May 06, or by summer's end, depending on when classes were offered ...

or I could apply for the MFCC program and take 8 additional classes (32 units), 6 units of family practice clinic time (240 hours over 20 weeks), and 15 additional units of internship (600 hours over 30 weeks) and an additional comp exam, which in total might require another year or year and a half beginning Fall 06.

I am sooooooo tired. I want the dual masters and to be eligible to take the state's marriage and family counseling board certification tests (which would require some additional hours of counseling practice, under supervision), but the thoughts of the additional year or so of driving at night, hours in classroom lectures and testing- keeps suggesting the words tedious and overwhelming.

And this health stuff is looming over my head- all the 'what if's'; I can't decide. The counselor with career counseling training, needs a counselor. wink pink

No comments: