Wednesday, November 09, 2005

chasing self day

"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow." ~Douglas Pagels

I do take more 'keep my sanity days' than I did in earlier years. None of those are possible for the next many weeks, at least not planned ones, but mini breaks are necessary to every day.

Some pieces from a tiny break on a very long Tuesday...



I pass this same rose bordered walkway every week heading into the home of two of my clients. The various blooms never fail to catch my eye. I suspect it might be due to being better at noticing things in the moment these days, even when I am stressed (then again, it might just be that I wish I had a few rose bushes to tend).

It rained lightly off and on Wednesday. I didn't leave the house - not even to look around in between showers. I did peek out the windows a few times and noticed the mountains were hidden. I wound up with a 'one thing leads to another, leads to another, leads to another, nothing gets completely done' sort of day.

One of the 'one thing' items was touching base with my boss... and heard the barest outline of a possible position that might be open for me to pursue in the Spring- around the time of my new degree or a little sooner... which led to some quick searches at O'net, comparing educational requirements and median salaries for various positions; not that money matters a lot (it matters, just not as the primary motivator), but if I am making a list of pros and cons for earning that dual master's, I ought to know what sort of impact it might make... turns out it is considerable- as in plus almost half again in salary at other employers who might make use of that part of the degree.

Another Tuesday pic:

I kept thinking the leaves seemed like scattered jewels in the grass... scattered jewels... leads to thinking about other important and scattered things.. which leads to .... wink pink

No comments: