Tuesday, November 29, 2005

end of Monday...

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. ~Samuel Ullman

There are days when happiness bubbles along quietly inside, as a sort of background mood to the day. The more I recognize that it is there, the more energy I have. I try to cultivate some of that when it seems to be missing, but in a circular fashion the less energy I have, the more difficult it is to feel or find that quiet bubbling... and the less energy I have. And enthusiasm? Well, that too seems to be a factor of energy at times.

Oh and that's the long way 'round to the reason for this short post. I had started something else that needs refining and might not ever make the public view, but I've started to enforce a more strict time to attempt sleep. A regular schedule seems to do remarkable things for happiness, energy and enthusiasm. ;-)

One of the pictures from the visit to my sister's in San Diego county:


There are wonderful little corners and vistas all around their property.

No comments: