Tuesday, March 01, 2005

"Just because you fall off a cliff doesn't mean you don't have some hard choices to make."

"The coyote looks down. There’s nothing beneath him but the warm tones of the desert far below the top of the mesa he neglected to keep underfoot. He realizes he’s going to fall. He holds up a sign to us, or he unfolds a well-used parasol. Maybe he waves good-bye. At all events, he falls.

My eight-year-old son and I have watched this Looney Toones gag over and over on DVD together and we laugh every time. I always thought we were laughing at the foolish coyote because he carelessly steps (or rockets or bicycles) over the mesa’s edge. But it turns out Warren has been laughing because the foolish coyote foolishly looks down. Now I understand my son better.
..."

Read the rest at "Slow Reads- Blog and Monthly Digest: Ruminations:
'Unless and Until'"

I can't remember who turned me on to this site or if I wandered there by myself.. but if it was someone's blog I read that gave a heads up in that direction, thanks!

No comments: