Wednesday, September 07, 2005

truth

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." ~Buddha

Crescent Moon

The Moon tonight when I came home- totally took me by surprise..

There is one clear but distant shot with planets showing (Jupiter and Venus, maybe??- SpaceTramp probably knows). I was playing with settings and using various automatic modes- my impromtu lessons for the night. ;-) I took some other shots earlier in the day as I took my little break at Stoney Point Park again- this time walking down into the park area.

Unsteady Hands1

Most pics I took tonight in night mode are like this one (titled "Unsteady Hands1- new tripod is on the way, but not here yet). Though a terrible shot, I rather like some of the squiggly stuff. I occasionally like to look through and at things that distort the view. Of course, that is because I think looking through different lenses is good from time to time to gain a fresh perspective.

The truth isn't really all that slippery when it comes to certain kinds of facts. There might be different interpretations depending on perspective, but there are some rather concrete facts about the disaster in the Gulf coast.

The CYA effort that has begun by the Feds and others, is shameful. We apparently don't have any "buck stops here" folks in government any longer. I am glad the media is not ignoring the personal accounts of people who actually had to deal with (and are still dealing with) the experience on the ground before outside help arrived. There will be plenty of blame to go around when this is done. D.C. trying to avoid their share will not do.

I have cried with some of the stories I heard over the past many days and shaken my fist at a few of the talking heads and do-nothing politicians. I don't want to hear a bunch of political appointees and politicians trying to tell folks red is green and how they aren't the ones to blame - continued and expanded action and coordination, not empty words and turf wars, are needed.

This one isn't going to spin.

CNN- Katrina- Congress
CNN Special Report- Katrina
BBC : Multiple failures caused relief crisis
to sleep now.. no more Katrina coverage, no more sad or even happy stories.. I seek good dreams, with happy endings.

No comments: