Friday, September 17, 2004

Los Angeles Insight- Baby You Can Drive My Car

Friday night questions from LABlogs:
Los Angeles Insight- Baby You Can Drive My Car


1. How many hours a week are you stuck in your car? In a normal week, 6-9 hours, which isn't too bad considering the amount of people around and the miles and directions I travel. I don't usually drive during the peaks of rush hours if I can avoid it and I do use a combination of freeways and surface street shortcuts for many places. If I am going to be traveling at 25-35 mph, then I might as well be on surface streets anyway. I sure wish the public transportation system was more efficient and easier to access.
2. What music is in your car, right now? A classical station is #1 preset on radio (along with #3 rock, #2 rock classic and #4 country) and classical is my first choice for keeping calm and tranquil when others are losing their heads and tempers, but rock and classical tunes in mp3 format are with me and ready to pop into the car stereo when I get bored.
3. What do you do while stuck in traffic? Eat? Sing? Primal scream? Think peaceful thoughts and try not to look at the clock; also sing, sometimes snack, compose haiku, look at other drivers, read vanity license plates, bumper stickers and plate holders, daydream, and sometimes write notes for blog posts.
4. If you could give citations to other drivers for bad behavior, who/what would you ticket? I would ticket the ones that slow down to look at every car sitting on the side of the road (oh and those who enter a freeway going twenty miles an hour; and those who cut in front of me and then slow way down).
5. What's your favorite place/freeway to drive in LA? The Foothill (210) Freeway, but there are many nice places to just drive- The Coast Highway or Angeles Forest Highway anyone?
6. What's your least favorite? The Santa Ana/Golden State (5) at rush hour (the Riverside (91) and Pomona (60) aren't too great during rush hour either); actually most of the freeways at rush hour aren't favorite places to be.
7. What's the craziest thing you've ever seen another driver do? Too too many to list, but some include putting on eye makeup, trying to get something in the back seat while looking back there, and so on.
8. What's the craziest thing you've ever seen left on the side of the road? Gosh, I don't know; I have seen a lot of different strange things, including full sets of clothing. Fortunately I am often not going slow enough to see too many things on the side of the road. I do always wonder though, how those single shoes get there when there haven't been any accidents in those locations. Don't people miss a single shoe?

No comments: